Hello Everyone! My name is Alexie Lundeen and I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself as the newest member of the Campus Team here at The David Project. I am in charge of campuses both here in the Boston area as well as in Florida. Specifically, I will be working with University of Florida, University of Miami, Florida International University, and Florida Atlantic University. Here in Boston, I will be working with MIT, Tufts, and Harvard. I cannot wait to get out and meet everyone on campus!
I have a great deal of experience in community outreach and relationship building. I attended the University of Kansas (Rock Chalk!), which is where I received a Bachelor’s Degree in behavior analysis. I went to Israel on Birthright during my sophomore year and had a life changing experience. I had the opportunity to have a Bat Mitzvah in Jerusalem, which is something I never thought would be possible. It was at that moment that I instantly felt a connection to Israel. Following Birthright I became extremely involved in KU Hillel. I did all different types of work - such as event planning, marketing, and outreach. But, it was through my engagement internship that I was able to learn the value of relationship and community building.
Following graduation in 2011 I began working with disabled children and their families back in my hometown of Minneapolis, MN. While this was an extremely rewarding experience I felt as though something was missing. My passion for Israel and working in the Jewish community were not being fulfilled. This is what led me to The David Project.
I am thrilled to be working at The David Project because it brings two of my greatest passions together: Israel and relationship building. Here are the top five things I am most excited about for my schools that I will be working with:
- I’m happy to be working with some bigger schools in Florida as I went to a big school myself so I can connect with the students on that level
- Now that we will have another campus coordinator working with schools here in Boston I will get to spend much more time on campus at each of my schools here
- I can’t wait to get to know all of our interns in Florida and continue working with them to reach out to many more campus leaders and groups
- I am hoping to connect with many more students on campus to start even more internships with The David Project
- Last, but most definitely not least, I cannot wait to bring students from our two core campuses in Florida on our Israel Uncovered Trip coming up in January